Construction Foreman - Pipefitter / Welder
|Title:||Construction Foreman - Pipefitter / Welder |
The Construction Foreman monitors and supervises fitting of pipe, and/or welding connections together and performing general laborer duties. This person ensures the job completes on safely, on schedule, and in accordance with the set specifications.
- Coordinate activities of workers engaged in pipe fitting and welding for construction of projects such as industrial plants, water treatment plants, and waste water treatment plants.
- Ensure the project's compliance with codes and regulations
- Schedule materials, equipment, and tools in advance to complete assigned task based on construction schedule as provided by construction superintendent and/or project manager
- May be responsible to approve time cards and resolve disputes between workers.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with pipe fitting and welding required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and slope.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must understand all aspects pipe fitting and welding.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to function in team environment.
- Basic computer knowledge
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.