Kokosing Construction Company, Inc. is one of America's 60 largest General Contractors and services a broad spectrum of clients in both the private and public business sectors. Kokosing's services include the construction of highways, bridges, asphalt and concrete pavement, and underground utilities. For 65 years, Kokosing has successfully attracted the most qualified technical personnel in the construction industry by offering visible challenges, superior quality, and attractive rewards. With over $800 million in annual sales and a commitment to its workforce, Kokosing Construction Company, Inc. is the winning team.
Knowledge Requirements / Skills
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimates.
- Prepare estimates and formal bids for highway projects.
- Manage and maintain files of working documents for estimate calculations including accurate information on prices from subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors.
- Coordinate work with estimating staff to ensure entire bid scope is properly accounted for.
- Identify risk items and develop plans to mitigate risk items.
- Compose, track, and manage clarification correspondence with the owner.
- Review plans and identify Value Engineering concepts or other opportunities to gain a competitive advantage.
- Work closely with field superintendents and engineers and corporate departments to determine cost components to provide timely and accurate bids.
- Submit 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadlines, show creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing, review bid requirements thoroughly, ask follow-up questions on every bid.
- Monitor job-cost data on all projects and adjust bid procedures as appropriate
- Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of design conflicts; constructability reviews, etc.
- Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings.
- Interface all on-site departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Prior experience in estimating/engineering role for construction in both public and private bid environments
- Civil Engineering or construction related degree.
- Candidate must demonstrate complete understanding of construction contracts and terminology, as well as estimating strategies and techniques.
- Proficiency in HCSS software, Primavera P6, ViewPoint and Microsoft office programs.
- Excellent working knowledge of design, procurement, and field processes and their inherent cost performance risks.
- Must have a good understanding of schedule techniques and principles and be able to easily read and navigate engineering documentation and project plans.
- Advance knowledge of construction engineering technology, specifications, standards, etc., plus an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines.
Kokosing Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class