Integrity Kokosing is based in Ohio but also performs work in the surrounding states of Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The successful candidate would be responsible for several projects in the 3-state area. Additionally, limited travel outside this region would be required for training and/or potentially outlier projects
We’re searching for a mid-level, experienced (2-10+ years) safety professional with experience in gas pipeline construction or other areas of construction.The successful candidate will join a group of experienced safety professionals with a diverse background and expertise who are committed to working together to support the company in our journey to ZERO incidents.
- Pre-construction safety planning
- Develop, implement, and monitor safety programs and policies
- Employee/Supervisor training
- Jobsite and subcontractor safety inspections/relations
- Candidate must be able to support jobsite management of a major project with 100+ employees or multiple smaller projects or facilities.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and self sufficient
- Candidate must be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- OSHA 1926 and 1910 Standards for Construction and General Industry
- Fall Protection – knowledgeable in industry standards and best practices for avoiding and protecting employees exposed to falls.
- Respiratory Protection – task evaluation, respirator selection, fit testing and training
- Industrial Hygiene – silica, welding, Cr(VI), etc. personnel monitoring
- Confined Space – appropriate procedures and perform training
- LOTO – understand appropriate procedures and perform training
- Cranes/Rigging – knowledge of industry best practices for rigging and material handling
- Heavy Equipment – understanding of best practices and regulations for working on, with, and around large equipment
- Trenching/Excavation – understanding of OSHA and industry practice for trench and excavation protection
- Computer skills – good knowledge of Microsoft office programs and strong organization
- Interpersonal skills – ability to work professionally in union or non-union environment with variety of personalities. Ability to train and speak in front of large groups
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Support jobsite management with information, training, advice, and reference to complete work safely
- Ability to answer and address owners questions and concerns
- Case Management – ability to work with workers compensation department and jobsite team to manage jobsite incidents providing employees needed and required care
- OSHA record keeping – working knowledge of OSHA recordkeeping requirements
- Reporting – preparing reports for owner/company on jobsite safety progress information
- Risk assessment and evaluation of upcoming tasks – planning for new operations safety procedures
Other beneficial capabilities and certifications include:
- First Aid/CPR Trainer accredited by Red Cross or similar
- Experience and proficiency in ISNet
- Evaluator of Operator Qualifications thru Veriforce, or similar
- OSHA 500 certification
BS Safety and Health, BS Industrial Hygiene, or BS in Safety /Engineering related field, AND non-degreed safety professionals with construction experience
Integrity Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including comprehensive medical insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement with company contribution and matching, Kokosing's Well Care Plan, which provides annual reimbursement for dental, eye, and other qualified expenses, optional voluntary vision insurance, and planned time off.
Integrity Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.